- Three suggested principles
- Strategy for defining and defending the uses applied for
- Major steps in the preparation of the Application
- Indicative timeline in the preparation of the Application
- Chemical Safety Report
- Analysis of Alternatives
- Substitution Plan
- Socio-Economic Analysis
- Administrative information
- Public Consultation on Alternatives
- RAC and SEAC opinion
- EU Commission Decision
- The Authorisation is granted: what now?
Spotlight on the elements of the Application for Authorisation
► Chemical Safety report
The CSR is an assessment report that is required for the Application to be valid. It needs to contain a non-confidential Summary and Exposure Scenario that will be published on ECHA’s website as part of the Broad Information on Uses package for the Public Consultation on alternatives.
The Chemical Safety Report task is to:
Assess the risks to human health and the environment from the use of the substance arising from the intrinsic properties specified in Annex XIV Demonstrate that for the use(s) of the substance(s) concerned, the risks are adequately controlled or Show that emissions and exposures are minimized as far as possible, and that the likelihood of adverse effects is reduced.